Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review of 2014



I can't believe it's the last day of the year, it hardly seems like five minutes since I was reviewing  2013.

It has however been a rollercoaster year too!


January

Full of hope that 2014 would be a great year, I started January alcohol free  ( which lasted until 2nd January). England were in Australia and playing with less determination than my attempt at being 'dry'.
Mid January saw the very sudden loss of my cousin James, which floored us all.The same day Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo scored his first goal in five years ( well he is a defender). Always to be known as a goal for James.
I came down with tonsillitis despite having no tonsils!


February


England lost their T20 series  ( come on did you expect them to win?). Rumours began to circulate that Gillespie the Gallant may be in the running for the England job!!!!!
Lord Christophe secured a job ( not the England job) but with the Architects that he had previously worked for in Whitby.
I finally got over to Nikki and Dave'ss house for the evening and we all got a bit squiffy.
Finally decorated my bedroom.
Hit 600 blogs 
I travelled down to former home  South of Blighty for the weekend and literally bumped into besty ex Hants friend Martin Jean -Jacques in the street. Small world!!!

March
I was busy doing 'PA' type stuff for Chris Rushworth who was going 'dry' for the whole of 2014 ( good luck with that mine didn't happen). Donations came in form all over, including Rt Hon Hooligan Robo who donated a signed Birmingham City shirt. Top boy.
I also managed to secure His Royal Ryanness to take part in a Q & A session in May for Chris's challenge.
My Tykes went to Sri Lanka for a pre season tour ( frilics in the sun more like!).
I 'bought' a bowler at Aycliffe cricket club.
Jamie Harrison took 5 wickets for  Durham in Dubai which was to be nearly the last we heard of himm all season.


April

YEAHHH!!!! CRICKET!!!!!  I made the prediction that Yorkshire would win Div 1 and Hampshire would win Div 2. Was I right??????? See in September!
I decorated 'the office' and then flew out to La Belle France for some R & R ( and half a horse and veal and all other things that the PC brigade here in Blighty wrinkle their noses at).
Cricket was going well.
We had devastating news regarding Dame Didi.


May 
Saw My Tykes at the Riverside and also the Q & A evening where I got a hug and kiss off His Royal Ryanness and then sat in the corner very quietly for the rest of the evening!
Cricket started in earnest and I got to spend time with my second favourite cricket man. yes Henry Rushworth, who very quickly twigged that I had unlimited supplies of sausage rolls.
Babies were the order of the month as two more popped into the world via the 'office boys'.
Yorkshire were doing well however Durham not so!
I raced down to Nottingham for the Bank Holiday to catch up with Harry and Blossom Latchman and Mike 'Pasty' Harris. watched the Durham boys in action too.

June
Dame Didi was holding up well with  treatment and remaining positive.
His Royal Ryanness was on sick leave with a hamstring injury ( worried face).
I took on a new job in wine Well it seemed like a good idea! especially as I get to try lots of it!
Chris Rushworth made his 6th month alcohol free and hit 32 off 18 balls going in at 11.
I 'babysat' for the lovely Zena ( super funny rottweiler)
His Royal Ryanness was back and brought his First class wicket haul to 632.
I had a very worrying cancer scare, but thanks to a quick referral and a whole day in hospital, I left with the all clear.

July
I went to stay at The Headingley Lodge for four days to see Yorkshire V Durham. Daddy Rushworth visited often, to eat my biscuits and drink my coffee!!! Amazing to wake to the view of the ground. Perfect. Worst thing waking to the picture of Geoff boycott on the wall. A towel soon sorted that out.
Lord Christophe and I went off to Scarbella to celebrate his birthday and to watch Yorkshire in action against Middlesex. I stayed over but was feeling so unwell the next day I had to come home.....................and missed his Royal Ryanness take 7 wickets!!!
Ended up in hospital with the temperature spiking heart palpitating yukky thing again and felt very unwell. Was discharged next day and told to go home and rest!
Spent a very funny evening at T20 at the end of the month with my 3rd favourite cricket man, Will Rushworth who had me in fits of laughter as he 'batted Mr Funky the chauffeur over the head with the inflatables they give away at the matches.

August
I was still trying to take it easy but decided that sea air at Scarbella would do me the world of good so I motored off over the Moors.
I met the lovely Jack Russell who was a wonderfully entertaining man, as well as an incredible artist.
Mr Funky and I went off to a rain halted match at Chester le Street, were we set up camp in the 'wind tunnel' and devised the game of 'Mini Kiev cricket' I think it is self explanatory if not messy!!!
Dame Didi was battling on, however now it was Tzarina Katerinas turn to be ill and rushed into hospital!!!! it just wasn't getting any better.
Yorkshire took on Durham in the one Day Cup QF. I hot footed it to to Headingley and met up with Daddy Rushworth, Lydia Jane came and visited us on the boundary.
Durham won and drew to play their semi at home!!! Woooohoooo!!!!


September
YIPPPEEEE!!!! Durham made the finals which meant that Mr Funky and I hot footed it down to former home in the South. We stayed at a hotel very close to where I had lived and that we had frequented very often. We were informed that the Hotel was closing the following day for ever as the land had been sold to a developer. RIP The Long Island Exchange Hotel and Restaurant. ( ahh the days when we used to see Andrew Ridgeley in the cocktail bar!!).
Durham became One Day Champions but were still fighting to stay in Division one.
12/9/14 Yorkshire became County Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got very drunk ( no change there then).
Hampshire became Div 2 champions and my prediction was correct!

I spent the end of the month at Headingley and went to a fundraiser for Melanoma UK.
Chris Rushworth took 15 wickets in one match and Durham stayed in Division one!
663 was the total of First class wickets take by HRR!!!!!


October
My 'little cricketers' were given a surprise pressie as 'Flicx Pitches' gave them a made to measure wicket!!!
Yes I really do have a wicket in my garden!
I was completely lost due to no cricket.

We had good news on the Dame Didi front which was brilliant and made Tzarina Katerina mumble the immortal words
' has your hair grown back yet?'
I tried to get on top of jobs at the newly named 'Chateau de Champions' but gave up, lack of cricket, lack of enthusiasm.

November
WOOOHOOOO!!! it was my birthday month and this year to celebrate being 21 I was going to throw a party. Yes sausage rolls, egg sarnies, cake the lot!!!!!  and lots of family and friends.
It was brilliant, all the Robbos tipped up even 'darn sarf' Robbo's. Harry and Blossom Latchman  came for the weekend which was wonderful.
I then continued by year of 'illness' by slipping in the extensive grounds of the chateau and chipping the bone in my elbow!
Ventured over to Nikki and Daves, well the neighbours had  been given 9 months to get over my first visit!

December

Yuk, loaded with cold feeling very sorry for myself and hoping that it didn't turn to anything worse, I did not want another hospital visit.
I tried to force myself into the Christmas spirit , but the past 5 Christmases of sadness  seem to have taken it's toll. After getting the decs out of the garage, they stayed in the box and I just put up my cards.

Christmas saw Dame Didi and I hurtling down the M1 in the Lady lainey limo to Sheffield. Living it up and stuffing ourselves silly!!!   It was brilliant.

Which is how 2015 is going to be for me!

So time to sign off now and wish you all a very Happy New Year.

see you in 2015 ( that's tomorrow you know!)

Lots of love

Lady Lainey



No comments :