Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 July 2012

Boundary of Bramell Lane





Well  I am still reeling after discovering that ‘Tales from The Boundary’ is being read in Iran and Russia! Who would have thought it,when I the lovely Lady Lainey first sat down to tap out her musings about life and cricket  (same thing really!). I hope that it is slightly amusing for those that are reading it.

Today I am late sorting out my blog as I came into work AND actually had to do some! Can you believe that! Well it will be the last time I assure you !
It is now lunchtime and I have been checking the scores of the home counties, and poor Yorkshire are currently off again due to rain…….…….. OMG breaking news in the office apparently I can buy Sheffield United for £15m! I can own the Blades, I can really be a Shoreham Boy (OK Lady!), I can get to see Sean Bean, that has thrown me completely off my stride, and I am  furiously flicking  through very downmarket tabloid paper to see the information on buying said club.

Now you may think it is strange that  a cricket loving lady like myself would be interested in football, well I have to do something over the winter Saturday afternoons and cricket tea empire may soon turn to football tea empire too. Anyhooo getting back to football,  one of the Rt Hon Robbo's ( family members on Her Serene Highness' side) actually plays football,  and professionally too. Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo slipped through the cricket nets and got himself all tangled up in 'off sides' and 'penalties' and  'elbow him in the back when the Refs not looking',football. Sadly he never played for the  adopted team of Lady Lainey the afore mentioned Sheffield United. ( and apparently he is 'free' at the mo, so if I buy the club I can give him a job)

So I have read the piece and now have a Euro Millions ticket tucked in my Gucci handbag and if the numbers come up not only will I buy Sheffield United, a couple of new tiara for match days, I will buy champagne for the Yorkshire Cricket team. Oh Ok and for Durham too but only if they buck their ideas up.


Well no further tweets to let me know if Yorkshire are back out, I guess they are all having a spot of lunch and waiting for the next gripping instalment of my blog!!

Durham are also at lunch, so hopefully both teams will get a great afternoons cricket in.

Fingers and everything else crossed.

#COYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments :