Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 October 2012

Sad and happy news



Merchant Taylors School  Cricket



Well today I, Lady Lainey am opening with some very very  sad news, One of my oldest and dearest friends Mr Bruce Ritchie. Former Master in charge of cricket at Merchant Taylors School, Northwood, passed away, just days after his birthday. A great man with a love of cricket that even beats mine!. ( although his love of digestive biscuits may have been greater!).Who else would get up and watch England play Australia all night, and then go and teach all day.Who else would ask me if I had an old towel so that he sould wipe his balls (cricket balls that is! and the question was asked with a wicked twickle in his eye). He was a true gentleman, with an unsurpassed knowledge of cricket. he will be sadly missed. RIP Bruce.

Slightly happier news for the Tykes is that although they were left frustrated after  their match was rained off last night ( rain is following them, just like summer here in Blighty). They are playing Highveld Lions on Saturday.#keep the dream alive #coyt.

The ECB also stated yesterday that there will be a return to 50 overs cricket from 2014, hurray more cricket for Lady Lainey, however they also announced that KP is in the squad after the England team all had to tip up to meet him!!!! So that he could apologise to them!! Surely he should have gone to them? However his Champions League commitments meant that he had to fly into the UK and out again as quickly as possible ( same old, same old!!) and depending on how his team do out there he may miss the training camp in Dubai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROGWATCH

Yes the hideous little hoppy thing is still in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers, last night as I moved the recycling bin, the horrid little thing jumped out at me ( I bet he was laughing) and scared the flipping life out of  Lady Lainey, well you know the scenario well enough by now. Newspapers strewn all over the Deer Park, I Lady Lainey running for my life back into the safety of Tykes Towers and today I have to go back out there and put the blinking bin out for collection!!! To say I am shaking at the prospect is an understatement.



And so today with a very heavy heart, I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office  and may not even shout at the boys!!

And don't forget all you readers in America  http://www.slimmingworldusa.com/

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Bruce was a great man; my first teacher and tutor at Taylors. I'm really sorry to hear of his passing and more sorry that I didn't keep in touch with him over the last few years.