Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 October 2014

Sun is up and it's Saturday.









Well it is light outside, there is actually no sun and it is foggy and drizzly!! so not quite sure why I am so perky this morning, as I have lots of work to do today,

 I am about to turn into 'Head Groundsman'!!! One of my many guises ( along with, 'Super chef', 'Demon Decorator' and of course 'Lovely Lady')  I am hoping that by this evening everything will be done. So I can post pictures tomorrow of another job well done in the extensive grounds of Chateau de Champions ( formerly Tykes Towers).

Friday evening used to always be party night in the Chateau  ( and Tykes Towers and LT Towers II) however of late  I have been so tired from a week in the office, shouting and looking pretty, that all thoughts of partying have gone right out of my super pretty orange curled head. last night was no exception, in 'mon lit' by 8.30pm, lights out at 9pm. I woke up at 3am this morning then turned over and woke up about 40 minutes ago.

However over the next few weeks thoughts will be turning to partying, which I will be doing at every possible opportunity for my Big Birthday bash in November.

Woooohooo party days ahoy!!!!!!

Not so for the lovely Oliver Newby!!!! who has been released by Lancashire after 12 seasons with the club!!!! I am seriously hoping that someone snaps him up for another couple of seasons as he made a great model for my as yet unpublished book 'Cricketers Posteriors'.

he has however been on the injury list a little bit and I fear that I may have seen the last of him on the field.

Hmmmmmm The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been given honorary memberships of The MCC. Not sure about this one. I have yet to see The Duchess at a Test match, although to her credit she has been photographed picking up a bat and  even hit the ball!!!

Well fog is lifting, dishwasher has washed the dishes, washing machine has finished it's cycle and I am about to don my clothes, nip out for veg for dinner this evening, get some 'quick drying mortar' and then come back to get on with things in the garden!

Hope the sun is up where you are.


For old times sake!!! 


No comments :