Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 March 2022

Helen of Headingley

 


   It is with great sadness that I write this blog, the wonderful Helen, overseer of The Headingley lodge is getting ready to leave.

Helen is a wonderful person and has the patience of a saint ( well she did when I was in residence and my god she had to ). 

She is the smiling face, the great laugh and the bubbly  person that made the Lodge  a great place to stay.

Nothing was too much for Helen, as I know from moaning about the heat in the bedrooms ( summer sun in those rooms is relentless and tiny windows making them baking hot), she moved an industrial air con unit into my room on one occasion.

On another occasion she gave Sophie and I a corkscrew, how she knew what we were asking for is totally beyond me, we'd had far too much wine to start with, luckily the corkscrew wasn't used.

Over the years, Helen has been to me the face of  the lodge, and although the hotel will go on , I for one do not think that it will be the same with out her.

I wish her all the best in her next venture and want to say thank you for being such a lovely and wonderful person and a great Ambassador for Headingley.

I am sure I am not alone in saying how much I will miss her.


Helen of Headingley go well.


No comments :