Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 September 2013

F(rayn)day and durham day

Just because I am in La belle France does not mean that we do not have F(ryan)day or Ven(ryan)di as it will be known here.

Last night his Royal Ryanness was tres busy with the media launch of the Ryan Sidebottom Academy which I hope will be a huge success. I think that Daddy Sidebottom is also giving a helping hand which is very jolly nice too.


however today I MUST devote the bulk of the blog to Durham who needed 69 runs to win the title ( not 62 as reported yesterday). Rain affected the start and I received phone calls letting me know what was happening, as I was out doing the shopping thing I was unable to check Twitter ( it is tres hard to juggle the mobile and 30 bottles of fizz you know!).

By late afternoon it was all over and Durham were the county champions, 3rd time in 6 years! How flipping brilliant is that????? especially as at one point in the season it looked as if Durham were going down.

To my eagle eye this is due to the inclusion in the first team of Chris Rushworth and super polite young man Jamie Harrison, and yes I know that no one man is a team but.......


Twitter was full of great pictures of the team celebrating and a super picture of three generations of the Rushworth family.

The champagne moment of the day had to be Henry sneezing on his daddy who was being interviewed on sky!

Gillespie the Gallant showed what a great sportsman he is by Tweeting his congratulations to Durham. top bloke.

And what was happening at Chateau Didi, well lots of fizz was consumed ( any excuse), I got soaked to my undies having been made to do BBQ for tea and it was raining!!!  My orange curls got such a soaking that I looked like Ronald MacDonald  on acid!!!!  The Dame was reclining on the chaise longue! Oh yes and I bought 4 pairs of socks in c & A!!!!!

WOW what a flipping day

not sure if my newest follower on Twitter will be reading this after  he read yesterdays, but if he is  'Bonjour'


So today we are off to St Gilles ( again) and then packing our bags ready to move on to the 'Lion d'or' tomorrow for sunbathing, swimming, swilling of wine and promenading around the town, before we head off to Nantes on Sunday........................I don't want to go home' I don't want to go to super swanky Lady Lainey office on Monday.

Best to cram as much into the next two days as possible


And once again well done to Durham, I bet there are a few thick heads this morning!!!!!



2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Bet those thick heads are not just in Durham either, after consuming 3 bottles of vin instead of the usual 2 and rounding off with 2 cups of coffee laced with whisky!!!
Thanks for another great holiday.
DD

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,
Hope you get this message. Don't think only people in Durham with headaches this morning after consuming 3 bottles of wine instead of usual 2 and having 2 coffee laced with whisky, last night.
Thanks for a wonderful holiday even though still 2 days to go.
DD