Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 September 2014

Durham start to do it!




So yesterday was warm and sunny day, whilst I was waiting for Mr Funky the chauffeur to collect me I edged a bit of the lawn and swept the path. The when he tipped up I got in the big blue tank thing and let him drive me to The Riverside, not taking into account that I was wearing a jumper! After half an hour in the sun I was flipping baking, however Chris Rushworth came to the rescue and rummaged in his locker found a T20 shirt and let me have it. That was a relief as I was then a lot cooler.

The lovely Jane over and kept me company and then we were joined by my harshest critic and his furry sidekick. Yes Mr ( not so) Grumpy and Pasha. She looked very pleased to see me and headed straight for the food bag where she knew there were treats. She later decided to try some of my wine, and had her nose in the glass before any of us realised. Top girl!!!

Nottinghamshire went into the field and Durham wobbled a little at first before digging in and scoring 253 all out. Waiting for them to get 50 up though had been like watching paint dry.
Durham took to the field and John Hastings really put on a show, reducing the visitors to 3-2 and whipping the crowd into a frenzy. Rushworth ( who did have another shirt to wear) took a wicket and also Coughlin, which meant that at stumps Notts were 66-4.
Durham who need to come out of the next few games as winners  to avoid relegation, were showing fighting spirit. That's what's needed!

The lovely Henry also came and looked jolly pleased to see me or was it the sausage roll that I had for him? As soon as it was eaten and he realised there were no more, he waved me 'bye bye'. Men!!!

Over at Old Trafford The War of the Roses was taking place. yes my Tykes were taking on the old foes.The Tykes took to the field and then His Royal Ryanness stepped up. Oh yes indeed. 0-2 in the first over. 2 wicket maiden over for the boy! and he didn't stop there, puling off another wicket taking his FC haul to 651. To say I was excited is an understatement!  Rashid and Brooks also took 3 wickets and Rich Pyrah took one too, he is really fighting his way back that boy!.

Yorkshire saw Lancs all out for 278 and finished the day 61-0.
I can see that this week is going to be a busy on for me and twitter!!!

talk was turning to Saturday and the semi final, also plans being put in place for Final ( if Durham get there), although this was all discussed in very hushed tones.

So today Tykes and Durham are out there fighting for there 'spot' in the table. One wanting to go top and one hoping not to go down.

Come on Durham and of course #coyt!!!


No comments :