Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 September 2022

RIP

 


Yesterday evening the news came through that our beloved Queen Elizabeth had passed away.

The sadness that I felt and still feel is immense. In my lifetime I had the pleasure (thanks, to a kindly policeman) to see the Queen and Prince Philip and get a wave from them. I was very young but have remembered this with great pride.



I have so much admiration for the Queen who has steadfastly and tirelessly done her duty without any moaning, in fact she was working 2 days ago, and the photos that we saw ( and never thought would be the last we would ever see of her) showed her smiling.

I know that I am not alone in feeling a sense of loss for the person who has been a constant in  my life.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

Thank you.



No comments :