Powered By Blogger

Thursday 15 September 2022

So much pageantry

 




If  there is one that thing that is apparent  over the last 5 or so days, it is, that here in Blighty we do pageantry in a way that few others do.

Yesterday I cried as if my heart would break as I watched the Queens procession to Westminster Hall.

I cannot put into words (  I am sure most of you will be the same) my sorrow at the passing of  our Queen, however life goes on and by this time next week, its to be hoped that the Royal family can have time to catch their breath and grieve privately.

I find it very hard to comprehend that I will never see her again, I had this same feeling when I lost my Mum,


However day to day life goes on for us, and yesterday must have been another of those tail end of season  thrillers that Yorkshire often do, sadly they lost to Essex, who won by a wicket ( and a whisker). And the season concludes next week at The Oval ( I've never been back since being stalked there a few years ago by a Surrey supporter).


Micky Bell and I move into the tail end of our time together, I will be very sad when he goes home.


Have a peaceful Thursday.





No comments :