Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 April 2018

I would have liked a lie in



I would have liked to have a lie in today, but there is too much to do today.

I have the washing in the machine already and that includes Pink Hippo who was so dirty that even his Auntie Sophie mentioned it.

So he will be all spruced up and ready for his next trip away.

Today will include some painting and also a lot of cleaning and hoovering.

I think that I may well be having an afternoon nap.

'Eedjit and Rebecca gate' update

Well I headed to bed rather early as I was shattered.
Light off 10pm.

Light on 11.23pm
He's back!
Sitting for 35 minutes with the engine running whilst he does dog knows what in the car.
In his house just before midnight.
I was by this time ready to nod off again and I did.
Only to be woken again at 2am with the engine running again.
And again at 4am
I actually got up then and made a cup of tea!
aha!!! the  car that he gave to  Rebecca is back outside his house ( an Astra convertable!)
Has she ventured into the 'bat cave' ( as it is known here in the chateau)
Ive no idea and if she has, dog help her!

I am so tired,I am now on the shortest fuse ever!


Right so lets see what has been happening in cricket land, which has to be more exciting than nocturnal comings and goings.

Or maybe not as rain played havoc again with the matches.
Worcs v Notts called off
Somersert v Yorks called off
Lancs and Surrey called off.

so that  left me to listen to Hants v Essex which lasted an hour before grinding to a rainy halt,
I have to say it was a dry day in the north east of blighty.

In fact there was chuff all cricket happening yesterday apart from Sussex where they were playing until 4.30pm.


So my least favourite type of Captain Morgan  has been bleating on about how he is all in favour of 100 ball cricket.
Yes we are all so gullible.
Of course these aren't his real thoughts, he has to say them as he plays for England.
Although I suspect once the Ireland get themselves set up good and proper, he'll be in his coracle, paddling home at break neck speed.

And it's all kicking off in Zimbabwe as Heath Streak files a defamation case against the Zimbabwe cricket chair  for alleged slanderous statements.
I wrote a little bit about this last month, but it seems to be escalating.
I'm sure its not the last that we have heard about it.

Well now I am heading to get my barnet cut, and then back to sort out the study and start the kitchen.
Which then leaves me with the mammoth task of clearing up and getting rid of all the decorating detritus.

Have a fabulous Saturday, hopefully there will be cricket to listen to today.





No comments :