Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 October 2021

Monday again

 




Here we are another Monday and the last one in October, how did we get to nearly November so quickly.

It seems like only a moment ago I was sunning, freezing and drying myself off at Scarbados.

The year is going by too quickly.

However talking about Scarbados, I just thought that I would mention ( again) the 3 players that I have had the privilege to sponsor.

Ben Birkhead who was the first in 'team lainey'. A wicketkeeper and a bloody good batsman ( yes batsman)

Easily recognisable ( as I used to be) with his curls. 

I will always be very proud of being able to sponsor this young man. 

He really is a good 'un

Ben was closely followed by Tom Loten, taller than me ( and thats saying something), Batsman and bowler. He wasn't even perturbed when approached by a Master at Merchant Taylors School and asked for a photograph, well the photo was for me and very kindly taken by my friend Jonny.

Lastly in 'team lainey'  was  Matthew Revis, well I just had to sponsor him as he was born on my birthday  ( and I know exactly where I was and what I was doing that day, just think drunk in Cyprus on holiday)

Matthew bats and bowls and  really is an up and coming star ( you heard it here first).

I have a lot of time for all three of them and although Yorkshire CCC haven't fulfilled their side of the agreement for the last 2 seasons, it has been an absolute pleasure to be associated with these players.

I did find it hard watching Ben and Tom batting together, I have to say. I really was a wreck.

I'm not sure that I have enriched their lives in any way but they have made the last few season great for me.

If you ever get the opportunity to do this for an up and coming player I would say, do it.

Its been wonderful to see them playing with the first team as well as seeing Ben captain the 2nds.

It also made me remember how much I love 2nd XI cricket.


well I seem to have been waffling there on a Monday morning, so I will bid you good day and have a great week.





No comments :