Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 October 2021

Well now, lets talk about hubris


 

After writing only days ago about how proud I was to sponsor 3 cricketers, I fear that my hubris has brought about my own downfall.


I received an email from Yorkshire CCC to say that due to a change of structure for sponsoring, I would no longer be able to sponsor the 3 lads.
They are looking for business sponsors to put money ( a lot of money) into the sponsorship structure. 
I totally understand. Yorkshire is a business.

I was to be allowed to sponsor one player, but how on earth could  I make a choice! And also did I really want to pay out that kind of money they were asking.????
Well the short answer is no.

And that's that.

After a little bit of upset, I am now back on top form and realise that although I felt it was my loss, in reality it wasn't.

I do however wish Ben, Tom and Matty all the very best for the coming seasons and will try to catch up with them at some point.


And on we go.

To the statement released yesterday.
I think that there has been plenty on social media regarding it.
I can only say that there seems to be no responsibility taken by the club, the club that I love.

I am a Yorkshire girl, I will support Yorkshire to the end of my life, however in the last week I do feel that  they have become slightly out of step with their supporters and the cricket world in general.



Have a great weekend everyone.

Come on Namibia!

No comments :