Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 June 2020

I've no idea what normal is anymore


I know the date and the month, but I have no idea how long I have now been working with my skeleton staff ( 10 weeks,11 weeks?). I am forgetting what I used to think was normal and now take 2m distancing and queuing  to get into a shop as normal.

I like my own company ( and always have), and enjoy being at home, which makes me think that I may be turning into a hermit.
It gives you lots of thinking time and I certainly have learnt a  lot about  myself, and about what is important to me.
I've taken well to writing letters ( and short notes), hopefully the recipients have enjoyed my lockdown ramblings.

In truth was my life ever normal...……..I don't think it ever was . I think I am rebooting to normality! 


And then there is cricket, or there isn't, as the case is.
Although there will be tests played behind closed doors, and possibly without a Captain for one if the newest Root decides to make an appearance.
I thought that I would be tearing my hair out by now with lack of cricket, but I'm not ( and I have a  lot more hair that usual to tear out). In fact I think that I have adapted very well to no travelling and cricket.

The news came through at the end of last week that Geoff Boycott was standing down from TMS, he really is the marmite of the cricket presenting world ( and the cricket playing world). I hope that his final TMS journey was down the corridor of uncertainty.

Huge thanks to all friends who have called, written and messaged me over the last few weeks making sure that I know there is life outside of The Wickets and Ladylaineyworkville.
I thought I was lucky to still be able to have routine in my life...……….however that came with a lot of daily stress whether getting petrol or social distancing with my colleagues, and then furloughing staff. Just don't get me started on shopping......
I realise now how hard it has been. And its showing no signs of easing up here.

Well back to planning my escape trip when it is finally safe to travel. It will be sorted down to the last minute at this rate. It is something to keep me busy and to look forward to.


Hope you all have a good week.

stay safe.







No comments :