Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 June 2020

Mid June already



Here we are in mid June and although lockdown is being loosened, I still tend to keep myself to myself as much as possible.

The last week has been a taxing one as we furloughed more people and I also had sad news over the weekend.

And then horror of horrors my washing machine kicked its legs up!!!

Now my love of washing is well known so I am now desperately trying to get a new one delivered ASAP!


In cricket, The West Indies team is here, they will be playing behind closed doors.

Surrey have announced that Vikram Solanki will take over form Michael di Venuto as coach.


Tales of counties 'abusing' the governments furlough scheme seem to doing the rounds, and in a letter from the Yorkshire CEO to members, it was said that a decision was yet to be made regarding memberships paid for. Wondering what the position for sponsors is, seeing as I have ploughed a bit of money  into that too.

And lastly the 'one and only' ( thank god) Geoff Boycott proved once again he has no idea when to keep his mouth shut. His comments about women and cricket were totally uncalled for.
And that is all I will say on that subject ( although believe me I could say a lot more).


I spoke to a very old friend ( ex Hants player) who owns and runs a beveridge company in the south, he has been sending out care packages too and at 6am on Friday morning he delivered a gazebo to an elderly gentleman  so that he could have visitors on Saturday ( the weather was forecast to be not too good). I love that many of us have tried to pull out all the stops to keep spirits up in these times.

And so I continue on, some days are more difficult than others and I guess that we all know about that.
Its definitely not been the 2020 that I was expecting.
However with holiday plans in hand and a possibly business model being worked on ( both tie in), I am today smiling.

Have a great week

stay safe.








No comments :