Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 June 2020

weekly catch up

Cricket news is very low on the ground and that's why I am not posting everyday. Also I am sure that you are totally fed up of me having a wander down memory lane, and to be honest that is very much my private life.

At the moment we know that there will be no cricket before 1st August ( Domestic) and after that its anyone guess.

Internationally, England will play three tests in 21 days behind closed doors and against the West Indies, although 3 WI players have already pulled out.

News is circulating that Liam Plunkett is keen to play cricket for the USA ( his wife is American), he is still slightly miffed I think that he was dumped by England, but at 35 years old he is knocking on a bit and was on his 2nd bite of the England cherry.
My thoughts?
Well, we all know that between his first England outings and his 2nd coming, he was not the best behaved boy on the block ( bit of a Durham thing I think). And to be fair there are plenty of young guns banging on the England door. So off you go Liam and get yourself a place with USA, good luck.

The County players are still on reduced wages through June and July, which is very much like a large percentage of people in England.

Lockdown may have been eased in some ways but I am still very much held in a type of isolation due to my job, I will probably become a hermit when this is all over.

Hope that you are all well and keeping safe.







No comments :