Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 March 2019

A bright start


It is so nice to travel to and from work in day light, I hate the dark mornings and evenings, however I haven't managed to have the usual energy spurt and think that I am just too tired, next weeks holiday cannot come quickly enough and I am really looking forward to a few days away, but lets get the AGM out of the way first.

Bad news for Warwickshire as the man with no lips is out for 3 months with a ligament injury.
That really is a blow before the season has really started.

Most county teams are away on pre season jollys and although they all say that it is essential for the teams to get out and play in the sunshine and heat, I wonder ( especially in cash strapped clubs) how they can seriously afford this.
The other side of this is, send them to South Africa, the UAE, The Caribbean, for a couple of weeks, bit of cricket, bit of sunbathing, bring them home to play in  the cold of April and they are right back where they were before they packed their speedos!!!!. 
So in effect they are really just having a holiday with cricket thrown in.

Well when in Rome and all that jazz, I'm going to have some heat and culture next week.

Ive started to get my South Africa game plan in to action too, as my personal travel rep out there has selected me 3 hotels. Also there will be a couple of wine tours, olive oil tasting and also chocolate tasting from all accounts.
Its all coming together.

and now its time to head off onto the 167 and work my way through the traffic.


Have a great Tuesday

No comments :