Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Cricket, garden and TLJL

Well it has been some weekend!

I got lots of jobs done, which was great, and I listened and watched cricket in the garden ( after lawn mowing and general tidying up)

On Saturday at lunchtime on TMS, they were replaying past guest. They played the most wonderful conversation between Sir Christopher Lee and Brian Johnston. What a fabulous lunchtime listen in the garden that was. Christopher Lee's love of the game and his fabulous memories, and his voice, one that I miss very much.

England beat Pakistan in a thriller of a game, whilst my boys were in action in Nottingham.

I have to say that Chris Nash was a bit of a demon with the ball.

Jonny B not so good with the bat in the first innings, but motored away in the 2nd


Sunday was a day of cricket ( and chores) and listening in to the Notts v Yorks game ( in the garden again )

I was keeping a bit of an eye on Kent v Sussex and was truly rewarded when at close of play TLJL was well into his century.

After a quick chat with TLML I decided to go against no drink on a school night and had a glass of bubbly to celebrate.

It was however bittersweet, why did we let him go and why last year was he relegated to the 2nds??????

And then yesterday he became one half of a record breaking partnership with an outstanding 220* ( Cox 238*)

Well done Jack you will always be my favourite ex Yorkshire player.

Had to say I was slightly misty eyed...…………...and then wide eyed as he came back out and took an outstanding catch ( the goal keeping gene kicking in).
He is going to go far with Kent.
And they finished off the day by beating Sussex by an innings and 25 runs.

Yorkshire look to be heading for a draw unless they pull some memorable bowling out of the bag as we head into day 4

And I am off to start another day in the saltmines.

however I will leave you with this



Jack and his 100 watt smile.





No comments :