Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 August 2020

The weekend that cricket came back

Cricket returned at the weekend and to be honest it was a bit of a kick in the teeth for my beloved Yorkshire as  two former Tykes showed what they can do.

Alex Lees ( former Tyke)  led a fight back in the Durham v Yorks, with a century after my Tykes had bowled them out in their first innings for 103.
However my boys are looking good for the last day with Matty Fisher back in great form. I can't believe the lads are only 15 miles away and I couldn't see them.


And then there was Warwickshire, and former Tyke, Tim Bresnan, who hit a century in the  game against Northamptonshire. I am still confused as to how and why we let him go...…………..

I see that Tim Murtagh the best 'taxi' driver in Scarborough was in cracking form yesterday. His 5 fer put Middlesex in a good position against the other London team.
Harry will be chuffed.


My weekend was pretty much the same as normal although I had started my fundraising walk for Refuge.

I am walking 2 miles a day for the whole of August when I will have clocked up 62 miles ( and more) which is just over 2 marathons, look out former chairman!!! (haha).


I am having my bedroom decorated at The Wickets this week, and am currently residing in The Sanderson Suite.
Its all go as Rhys the joiner will be making a start on garden improvements and also the wardrobe doors and rad cover.

Moving forward finally.

I have to start looking for the new bathroom suite and decide on the wall cladding. So much to do on top of the usual.

And with that I am off for another day in the land of the walking dead (as we have come to be known).

Stay safe






No comments :