Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 September 2020

busy week



Its been a busy week with little time to do very much apart from trying to clear all the paperwork that had found its way onto my desk whilst I had my holidays in Wetherby!.
I am looking forward to the weekend  I can tell you.

Last night when I got home I found £25 had been posted through my letter box from my lovely friend Debbie and her sister Beth, or as they are known in some circles , 'To Love Again'. This is a  business  'rescuing' fabulous fabrics and turning them into some amazing items. If you are on Facebook check them out.
They had donated this money for my fundraiser for 'Refuge' which has brought my total to £225. How wonderful and exceptionally kind is that????
This money will, I know, be put to good use to help victims of domestic violence.

In cricket, Yorkshire failed to make the final of The Bob Willis trophy............well I doubt any of us will be surprised, silver ware is not something that we have seen in a few year and unless something dramitc happens at LS6, I doubt we will be adding anything to the cabinets in the new and updated Long Room ( which we have yet to get a peep at).
This aside, I will praise the youngsters who played absolutely brilliantly.
Jordan Thompson with a brilliant  62 with the bat in the first innings and 5-31  and Ben Coad back with 3-23.
Good to see my Tom in the runs too with 11 on the board in the first innings

I am also trying to  plan a jaunt at the end of the month if I have the new limo. If not I will be staying home and going out on my bike!!!!

Oh well time to hit the 167, time and work wait for no lady.
Have a great day, its so close to the weekend I can almost smell wine!



No comments :