Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 September 2020

Two Roses matches in a week




Well here we are at Thursday already and another week nearly over



The weather is turning slightly Autumnal, especially early morning when I am still trying to get in some walking before work.
The Wickets are still in transition and a new radiator cover arrived last night ready to be installed. This is purely for aesthetic reasons until I install new rads ( which could be anytime in the next 10 years).
The hydrangea nursery was added to at the  weekend as I try to get as many cuttings planted up as possible, so they can settle into their pots before colder weather and frosts arrive.

Strangely we are heading to IPL season, and the news is full of Dale Steyn and Faf du Plessis ( faints). I think that I might be keeping an eye on it all. Dale is sporting a longer hairstyle and I have to say I likey!!!

Monday saw the Roses match take place at Headingley, how strange it must have been for the players to not have a full house for the game. We were playing youngsters, due to a COVID 19 scare, which took out 4 players.
Sadly it has taken them out completely as David Willey has tested positive.
Here's wishing him and his wife a very speedy recovery.

Last night  we were taking on Durham not a good night, but we march on.

Tonight is the second Roses game of the week and that should be interesting after losing the first one.


The weeks are rolling on and it is only a couple of months until my birthday, my planned big birthday bash is on hold as quarantine is not an option for me. I am disappointed but I can do it next year hopefully.

Well as we head to the weekend I am hoping that we have dry weather so that the lawn can be cut and I can dig  out some borders at the front of The Wickets, I want to plant up some spring bulbs.
I really need to get some work done in the dining room.

At least when I get home tonight, all will be in order as Roxy will have performed her magic today whilst I am at work.

Have a great weekend what ever you are doing.





No comments :