Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 May 2022

a little break

 


Well I am on my travels again, I've had both  a strange and exhilarating start to the year, and as such I felt the need to throw in  a quick break before I begin m next life instalment , and so here I am in Spain.

Monday saw a stop over at hotel at the airport, 3am alarm call, and then champagne at 5am, well doesn't everyone!?

So flight to Spain, with turbulence worse than going into Keflavic in March, just no sitting on the tarmac for 45 mins.......... although we did have standing on the tarmac for 15 mins before a good 5-10 minute walk to the terminal at the 'bijou' Reus airport.

Jet 2 need to get their act together here, it was a bit of a shambles but 1.45min later I was on a mini bus being whisked to my hotel.

It was thundering and pouring when I arrived so I decided to head to the roof  top pool for a swim.

Ahhh there I go, diving in  with my strawberry blonde  locks floating behind me, looking every inch the mermaid, although for those in the roof top bar it must have looked like an out take from 'Free Willy'. Come on I'm not the only one that the last 2 years has not been kind to!!

Dry off and quick change and off to the 'Supermercado' ,cava in my trolley and I was very happy.

The rain was not letting up so I open the door to the balcony let the cool air in and had a siesta, how very civilized.

The rain continued well into the evening, so cava on the balcony and  reading my book.

I'm on holiday, I'm without my partner in wine who is with TLJL.

I am however loving it.

Today is anther day and I am off to the beach to sizzle in the sun. ( hopefully)

And the hotel, well, refurbed in 2019 just in time for the global lockdown. It is absolutely stunning, both inside and out. 2 pools, jacuzzi and a gym ( if that's your thing!) fresh and clean throughout. The rooms ae spacious and clean, the bathrooms are how I envision my downstairs one at home when I can get a reliable plumber!.

I'm about to sample breakfast and you can tell a hotel by the breakfast. Whether the sun comes out or not I am here to have a rest and that's just what I intend to do ( a full 8 hours sleep last night started that ball rolling)

Have a great Wednesday everyone, I know I will.




No comments :