Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 May 2022

Beach day

 



So as predicted the sun came out and I headed to the beach after breakfast, I even beat the sunbed man! now that is real sunbathing commitment, and I am committed to getting a suntan. I have my various factors  and I am going to  use them.

About 10 mins after  I arrived, a lovely couple from Dublin tipped up next to me, they introduced themselves and were great company. Poor Jack ( the husband) was in charge of the bags whilst Cherie ( the wife) and I went swimming, we rotated this  so that they could have a swim together, The cautiousness  being that there are  lot of  'looky looky' men around at the moment Upside of that, I'm trying to decide on a 'Relax' watch  or a 'Tig Heuer'.

The sun shone all day and by 8pm  it was still blazing down on my balcony, I was settling in for Cava time, my daily testing of different cavas. You have no idea the groundwork I am doing for you all if you head out to Spain this summer.

A funny thing happened by the elevators when I came back from the beach.

Myself and another lady were both waiting, and waiting and waiting  and she looked at me and said   'quele etages etes vous', I replied ' troisieme etage', she then started speaking to me in French and I responded ( not that well), she realised that I was English ( of course she did, me  with the 'allo allo' accent and all), and then started to tell me that having not being abroad for over 2 years she was speaking to the staff at the hotel,  in 'Spangais' I laughed and said I was doing the same , part Spanish, part French. ( go figure that one)

She introduced herself and as the elevator had come and gone whilst we were laughing,  we went to have a drink in the bar, ( cava of course). We spoke in Franglais and had a lovely half hour. Just laughing and talking. She comes from near Limoges and is here for a month!!!

It was lovely to see so many smiling faces ( even the mobility scooter brigade), the sun has that effect.

I have only a couple of days left as this was a short break, but I can honestly say I would come back in a heartbeat, a lovely hotel and a lovely resort.

I have to say again a huge thanks to Dale who once again found me the perfect hotel and sorted everything out for me.

And now I am off for another day slow roasting myself on the beach

Have a good one




No comments :