Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 May 2022

and breathe!

 




Day 1 real.


I went to sample breakfast( this to me is the bench mark of hotel excellence and although the cooked type was not as good as The Center Plaza in Reykjavik, it was very good,  there were also a selection of breads, preserves, pastries and massive selection of cold meats and cheese, I was in positive food heaven................then I went to the next food station! Cava, chilled for breakfast, well that is a 5 *  right there. I hadn't even got to the fruit and granola station.

Any chance of me losing any weight whist here is now firmly out of the window. Photos will follow as I forgot to take my phone down with me.

I then took the walk in the drizzle to the beach, a 3 minute bimble past a parade of shops and cafes ( spotted a nice handbag). Flip flops kicked off and straight on to the beach and into the sea ( only splodging ).

I suddenly got a little bit tearful,  2 years ago now, we were locked down, unsure what was happening and not sure where, what or who was safe to be with, the thought of splodging in the Med was  a distant memory then and to be honest we were mostly just focusing on coming out the other side of something that we didn't fully understand.

I  realised how very lucky I am  to be here on the beach with my feet in the sea. 

For me now, in light of the last few months as well as the last couple of years, it is time to put my best foot forward and move on.

So back to the holiday.

As I said yesterday, the hotel is newly refurbed and  the large open bars and reception area make a perfect place for blogging and drinking coffee. walls of windows  as well as white interiors make the whole place look ( and it is ) spacious and bright, even on a dull rainy day.

Outside  my room there is a tree which is a regular meeting place for birds, their song is cheery and even at 6am, lovely to hear. There is some road noise but mainly small cars on a side road. There are lots of bars and restaurants around, but as we are not fully into the  main holiday season it is very quiet in the evening.

For me this is the perfect time of year to be away, not too many children, not too many young adults, although I have suffered a couple of altercations with mobility scooters! 

The sun finally came out at midday, and I nearly ran down to the beach, sunbed sorted and there I lay, soaking up the rays whilst keeping one eye open for Greenpeace coming to roll me back out to sea.

My evening was spent listening to Yorkshire T20 'ont wireless' ( well the laptop) and drinking Cordorniu Gran Cremant, I am trying a different cava every evening, for research purposes only you understand!

 I was also keeping an eye on TLJL.

TLML and TLDL were both at the game

Sadly it was not Kents night.

My hair continues to curl  and I continue to be amazed.

Now I am off for cava and breakfast, seriously it's proper research and someone has to do this. 

then I am off to the beach to roast myself ( yes I have sun protection)

Until tomorrow 






No comments :