Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 June 2018

A nail biter




If Yorkshire have a bag of tricks they certainly opened it yesterday.
I  put the radio on just in time to hear Tom K-N trapped LBW, I grabbed a coffee and said a prayer.

Adam Lyth did not disappoint as he motored away, followed by David Willey.
With 144 & 131 respectively they set us up for a total of 379-7.
It was great to see Adam making more runs and just good to see Willey playing for us, as we have been without him for the CC matches,

Willey then played a blinder with 4-59 but with Jennings and Livingstone  having set off at speed I was feeling slightly sick.

It was a nail biter and but keeping the faith ( and lots of wise words from my former wicket keeping pal) was the way forward and yes we did it.
We aren't out of the woods yet and still have to get through tomorrow, but come on boys, we can do this.

I had decided to go home to work  as I was feeling under the weather yesterday, but ended up clearing a huge pile of work  whilst listening from home.

Well that's all the cricket news and little happening here at the chateau apart from the disappearance of Pete the pigeon.
Pete lives in my garden and just waddles around. When the new fence was put up he got out and spent a day wandering around the Deer park.
I opened the gate and he came back into the back garden, however he must have lost weight and found his ability to fly as he is no where to be seen.

Wonder where he has gone?

Oh well off to do stuff.


No comments :