Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Another bombshell



Well Monday brought another bombshell, as Commando Boy announced that he was stepping out of his bowling boots and back into his Y fronts for good!!!!

Oh my dog!!!
I had been wondering where the boy had gotten to and it turns out that he has had a back injury which has now ended his career.

Not only a bowler, I  remember well his promotion winning century against Sussex a few years ago. Not his only century either. I think that young Tom KC was around to witness the one in 2016.

I am sad to think that I wont be seeing the strange bowling action of CB, but wish him nothing but good health in his retirement.

he will spend the rest of the season in an 'ambassador' roll for Worcestershire.

All the best to you Jack.


Luck was on the side of my boys yesterday when losing Lees ( again) for a duck  in the 2nd over, we were not looking good as my Morne took out Lyth (42). It wasnt looking good with Pujara Brook and Ballance gone before the 50th over.

it took a stand by Jonny Tatts and Bressy  to steady the very rocky boat and we start the day with bowlers facing bowlers.
We start the morning session on 299-8

I am scribbling this on the train as I heads off to see the 'top man' today after quite a few cancellations.
Its going to be hot in the city too today so I have a spare pair of sandals just in case I struggle in the stilettos.

In my bag is my book and my mini DAB radio so that I can keep up with all thing Yorkshire.
Its going to be a long day but hopefully a productive one.

Have a good one, I'm off to the buffet car!

No comments :