Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 June 2018

One year



Well its half day Friday and it is also one year since I took my seat in the office, who knew then where we would be now?

Another busy day as I prepare for the two 'D days' coming up. next week is going to be really busy and I need to cram as much into my half day as possible.


Down in Hampshire, my boys have got to cram as many wickets in today as possible. Yesterday the tail enders managed to get the runs up to 350 with  Captain Patto hitting 37.
They took three wickets but Jimmy Adams is proving to be their nemesis with an unbeaten 132. first job of the morning is to see him off.
Then clean up and head out to get runs.

I should have, in theory, been sitting in the swanky lounge now whilst waiting to board my 'private ( well with 30 other folk) jet to get me to Southampton for start of play, however the air fare and hotels had doubled in price since last season and I decided that I could have a week in Barbados for that money!
I love my boys but not that much.



England were in action at The Riverside and made short work of the Aussies who  now need to up their game or they will go home with their tails between their legs.

Marsh and Finch both got centuries but it was to no avail.
Some great bowling from David Willey and a century from Roy put England on the winners podium again.
It was also their highest one day run chase total and very well done to the boys.

I will be keeping an eyes on all things south of Fleet services today and wish my boys the very best in the wicket department.

COME ON YORKSHIRE.

I am now off to see 'big Al' to order the bacon butties for the gang.

And later I will be coming home to housework! Ah the glamorous life!

No comments :