Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 September 2017

Heroes to zeroes




Well this time last year we did not expect to see our victors relegated but that is what happened yesterday in the most tense day since.......well last match of last year, for different reason obviously.

Middlesex are going down and I am sure that on a cold day in April this year, at the start of the county season, that is something that we did not foresee.

For Harry, I am devastated, however if there is a plus side for him, the other club that he played for went up, YES!!!! Nottinghamshire were promoted, along with Worcestershire.
A great day for the Trent Bridge lads although tinged with sadness as their captain left the field for the last time.

Upside of this is that I will be seeing much more of Sophie and El Tel, which is a big plus in my book!

Hampshire  stayed up , so a flight down to The Hampton will be involved next season, to see my boys play and also to catch up with Southern chums.

Time to put the pads and bats away,and have a break before looking forward to next season.

And of course the Ashes.

News came through that Ben Stokes and Alex Hales have been dropped by England until further notice.
Who knows where this will end.

Plenty of things said , time to let the authorities do their work.

I am off to work now but it is 'half day Friday' so that is a bonus, sadly one of my Project managers is leaving today, he has been a joy to work with, is a great part of the team and will be sadly missed.
He gave his notice before I started, so we have been on countdown since I arrived.

Time also to stop procrastinating about the work to do at the château and to get on with it.

Oh yes I see lots of fun filled weekends ahead! NOT!!


I noticed on my morning ramble that the birds are not singing! They obviously have re set their clocks and are having a lie in!


Right time to be off, lets do Friday!!!

have a good one!




No comments :