Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 September 2017

How it all stands




So the last week of domestic cricket is upon us and it is still a tense on.

My boys are on their way to Essex to begin their last game of the season against the now champions.

Its a tense week for the lower end of the table.

Yorkshire are currently on 145 points
Middlesex are on 143 and go into their match without Toby Roly Poly who is injured and a possible loss for the Ashes tour.

Hampshire are on 140
and Somerset on  127

Its going to be a tough four days of listening and I really wished that I had taken a week off and gone down to Essex,  I love the ground at Chelmsford and have had many happy days of cricket there in the past.

Its also the last week of the WI's tour and today they are on ODI action at Bristol.

Hopefully the weather is good for this one.

I have been for a lovely peaceful walk through the woods and back fields of the town and only met a couple of people.

I am now home and showered and getting ready for the latest batches of chutney to be made.

Damson and plum chutney first up followed by blackberry chutney.

Its to be hoped that they turn out well.

Great feedback on my crabapple chutney from besty Harissa friend Mick.
It was eaten with homecooked ham, crusty bread and cheese.  which sounds wonderful ( if I still ate ham)

Reviews on last years batch of Elderflower champagne came through last night from Pontefract. After the bottle had been 'lost' since last Xmas, it was discovered and consumed yesterday and apparently it was 'gorgeous'.

Foraging and making could become my new hobby now that I have given up knitting, it was not helping the tennis elbow at all so I have had to knock it on the head for the time being.

There are couple of things to be 'cast on'  for  Xmas but I have time to get my elbow back to normal before I start on these.

well this won't get the chopping and dicing done.

And a reminder to my sister, please  DO NOT get up on a chair again to try to put  up your new curtain poles.

See you all tomorrow




No comments :