Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Woes a plenty




Well here in the land of The Prince Bishops there are woes a plenty cricket wise.

As if end of last season wasn't bad enough for Durham, this week has seen them lose another two players ( both going to Lancashire) and then  their 'star turn' goes and gets himself arrested.

The press are making an absolute meal of this although with the leaking of the 'possible' Ashes squad  ahead of the official announcement later today, it does not appear to have spoilt his chances of some winter sun.

It does however give the Aussie press and fans a lot of ammunition.( not that they need it)

My favourite ECB tourist though seems to have been omitted despite his 8 wicket haul last week. However Finny there is always the Lions tour.

In the County Championship, my lads made a dogs dinner of their 1st innings with their '12th man, Extras' not even racking up any runs!
Shabby batting display!
Come on lads lets go out with a bang!

Its still a bun fight in Div 2 and I have everything crossed for Nottinghamshire.


Work is busy which is great and stops me thinking about the end of domestic cricket.

My morning rambles are now in the dark and it is considerably colder, I was reminded yesterday that it is just over a month until the clocks go back, how I hate that happening.

preparations for the christmas cake bake are beginning and I think that this weekend may see the start of the making.

Sooner its done and all that.

Well time and tide wait for no lady and I now have to go to tackle the 167.

However it is Wednesday, mid week and the weekend is closer.

have a great day where ever you are.








1 comment :

ricky said...

If Stokes is found guilty, what punishment should the ECB give him .... miss the Ashes ?