Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 July 2020

New week



Well here we are in the 2nd week in July and this week sees the return of Test Cricket as England take on The West Indies at the Ageas Bowl.

It seems strange to not have any feeling of excitement about cricket.
Possibly because I have told myself that I am having a season off.


I have been having time off from lots of things, including housework and gardening, I think that this weekend, it may  be a case of knuckling down and getting things done, luckily we have a skip at work which myself and the rest of the skeleton staff have been filling up nicely, I have some more things to get rid of and will do that this week.

Once again I cannot believe in a year how much I have managed to cram into The Wickets. I think that a real life laundry needs to happen, I am considering selling off a lot of my vinyl, I don't listen to it and the music that I really love I also have on CD as well as available through my online music library.

I am still doing my once a week essential shop, I am using the local greengrocer and butcher, all small businesses need a hand at the moment, and I  have found a local wine merchant ( half a mile up the road local!). Now this is a blessing and a curse, a blessing as they deliver to me for free and at a time suitable for me. ( Friday afternoon), and a curse for the same reason!


Had a catch up with Ben last week as he was back in training. Its a tough time for all of cricket, but I feel for the youngsters as  futures may be in the balance.
I really hope that both of  'my boys' make it through to next season.

I have added a couple of extra things to my trip itinerary in November ( Covid 19 and air bridges permitting), I really hope that it comes off. If not it is there for next year, or the year after.


Well time to head off , the roads are now very busy on a morning and evening, maybe not quite as bad as before lockdown, but there are definitely more cars on the road.


Have a good day/week.

take care

stay safe.





No comments :