Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 November 2021

Mid week wondering


 Wednesday and half way through the week. 

I am finding it very difficult to settle back home and have not even glanced at any cricket news. 

I am not burying my head in the sand, I just  am taking a break from the whole thing.


After securing a great job at the beginning of  October ( which I did keep relatively secret),  I was still waiting to hear from them regarding a start date. This was ( is) a multi million pound building project which will befit South Durham, North Yorkshire, sadly though the company really let themselves done. 

My experience with recruiters over the years has been chequered, so with this being the companies inhouse recruitment department I thought things would be different.

Sadly not and after 4 weeks of not hearing a thing, despite emailing and leaving voice messages, I let them know just before my hols that I was not taking the role.

Then yesterday the gentleman who would have been my boss contacted me, he had no idea what had been going on and was horrified that I had not been contacted unless I had instigated it. ( once)

We had a chat, he very kindly tried to persuade me to not give up the role, but I had made up my mind.


I then began wondering if I had done the right thing ( as you do).


So home and tired after trying to catch up last weeks work and do this weeks.

At 7.45pm, my phone rang, I recognised the number as the recruiter from the company., I ignored it, firstly as I did not want to speak to him and secondly it was 7.45pm in the evening ( doesn't bode well for work hours!).

He then text me to say he would catch up with me today as he had an update on the job!

Well there you go, he hasn't even read any of my emails!

Best to find out now.


Finally today is tinged with sadness as it is a year since I  learnt  of the passing of cricket pal Gary. 

I wonder what he would have made of the last few months!

Have a great day.



No comments :