Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 April 2022

Midweek


 Ahh to be as chilled out as Micky Bell, he's a little treasure and will be arriving on Friday morning for the weekend, I can't wait. He has no idea how much love he brings into the lives of lots of people.

How wonderful to be able to make people smile and feel happy by just being yourself. 

So I thought I would give you a bit of trivia today.

The A1 was 100 years old yesterday, parts were ( and still are ) know as The Great North Road, of which  the A167 through Aycliffe was part of that.

The A1 goes from the North to the South of the country  and the although upgraded in parts to motorway it still in parts follows its original route. The stretch from Wetherby to the Thirsk turnoff is one part, it incorporates Boroughbridge which still has coaching inns ( although not known as these now),  a real throw back to Great North Road days of coach travel.

I have driven this road all of my life ( OK sometimes Dad was driving), and in the last 40 years commuting up and down from London etc, I have seen the changes as they were happening, sitting in delays usually.

I still use it regularly, not so much to go to London but it is only 5 mins from my house and gets me most places I need to get to.


And now I am nipping to the post office before work.

Have a great day

No comments :