Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 May 2020

Last working day



It is the last working day of the week and I am planning what to do at home this weekend.

I am going to strip the dining room of its green and brown striped wallpaper ( previous owners obviously  liked green and brown stripes ), and then I am organising a dinner party on Saturday evening.
Just for me you understand, but I thought I would have a French themed evening and get dressed up and made up ( something that I haven't done for over 6 weeks).
I'm planning the menu and will get the shopping ( hopefully) on tonight when I do my weekly shop after work ( if there is anything left as there a bank holiday and folks tend to go a bit mad).

I hope that the weather stays nice too so that I can spend it in the garden, catching a few rays. I will have to mow the lawn, not a favourite job but since it is the size of a postage stamp I should have it done in minutes.

Yesterday in the offices it was much the same except that when anyone's phone rang, everyone was waiting for news of being furloughed. Everyone seems to think that I know who is going and who isn't, but to be honest I am so far out of the loop that I think I could be going soon.

Sadly at 3pm the news came through that the 2 apprentices in the workshop had been furloughed. I had thought that they would be in the running.

It is what it is and both lads are fine, and said they hoped we would still be around to come back to ( need their bumps feeling too!!!).


I spent last night writing a few letters and getting them ready to be posted ( which I will do on the way to work).

We are having 'Friday' breakfast today although I'm not making it so there should be a surprise when I get in.

And with that I am off to finish the week.

Have a great Bank Holiday weekend.

Take care, stay safe and enjoy the sunshine.





No comments :