Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Midweek

So its midweek and another day on 'death row' as we wait for the next one to go through being furloughed.

There is plenty of work to do and getting done, but we all keep cheery by shouting through the offices to each other.

Yesterday we were talking about things we watched as children. I said that I loved Andy Pandy and that I had met him.

A huge amount of shouting about meeting a puppet ensued, and I said that I had actually  met the real Andy Pandy.

Still much shouts of 'noooo'.

Well yes I did.

Jon and I were on our way home after a day in town and were at Baker Street to get the Met line back to Moor Park.
As we were walking to our platform I saw a man standing at the stairs.
'Oh my god Jon, its Andy Pandy' I said in a slightly louder voice than I realised.

At this Andy Pandy turned around and smiled.
I was slightly mortified, but Andy Pandy came over, shook hands and had a lovely conversation with us.
He was not in a stripy onesie, he was in a suit and tie.
He was ( and still is ) Paul Atterbury, the antiques expert, and why did I think that he was Andy Pandy?.
Well, his mum Audrey was a puppeteer on the childrens show and it is rumoured that Freda Lingstrom ( the then head of BBC childrens TV) modelled Andy Pandy on Paul.

All a bit lost on that lot, but a great memory.

I've looked at the cricket news, and I suspect you all have too, so I am off to the office for another day.

stay safe and try to keep cheerful









No comments :