Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 December 2021

Busy few days


Its been a very busy few days, finishing work and then off to catch up with friends, first stop York for a lovely couple of days with TLML & TLDL. Perfect start to my holidays, I then headed up to Matfen yesterday a beautiful village north of Newcastle to see friends Julie, Peter and Eric ( a very famous Border Terrier).

From there it was down to stay overnight at Newcastle Airport and a catch up with James Bond, where we discussed top secret things and generally had a laugh.

Today it is a quick trip to nearby garden centre before heading back south and meeting up for lunch with friends in Darlington. Then home, to put up the tree and tidy the house ready for visitors on Thursday  and Friday. I tell you I am looking forward to my 5am traditional martini on Christmas morning and 4 days of doing as little as possible.

In cricket news, as I am sure you all know, England are 2 -0 down in the Ashes, Joe keeps being trundled out to explain, and sadly the old ' we need to learn from our mistakes' speech is wearing thin, because they don't!.

And my beloved Yorkshire, well when you see an advert for a new coach for them on Face book, you know that it has hit rock bottom.

And now I am going to head off and have a lovely leisurely breakfast before I head off back to Co Durham.

If I don't make it back here before Christmas day, I wish you all, a happy and peaceful time, if Boris doesn't spoil it!

No comments :