Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 December 2021

That's it folks

 


So today is the end of an era ( another era) for me, as I finish work at the saltmines and prepare to work from home in the new year.


It is going to be slightly sad as I say goodbye to some great colleagues.

Its time for me to move on and start a new chapter.

Crickety news, I have once again been tuned in since 4am, Australia are in charge and it seems even with Jimmy and Broady we aren't playing our best.

Labuschagne  made his hundred and there was some drama after, but eventually fell at 103.

Stokes had a couple of good overs.

The commentary on 5 live is dire to say the least, I always suspected that Steve Finn was a bit boring,, and he is. Listening to him discussing his jeans, his cat, and playing on his play station, well enough said. I know quite a lot about his relationship with Captain Morgan and all his 'witty' tales nearly sent me back to sleep.

Please lets get some characters who are really passionate about cricket and not so bothered about talking about themselves.

In other news.

I will update you on the lovely homeless gentleman next week when I hope to have some good news. 

Last night I made him a flask of hot chocolate and shared my corned beef hash with him.

I would like to thank everyone for their comments about this yesterday, I have done what I think is the right thing to do to help in some small way and am sure that you would have done the same.

I am pleased to say that he is getting a lot of help through the local charity /food bank.

Well time to put my best foot forward.

Have a great Friday, a lovely weekend and I will be back at some point next week.

No comments :