Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 December 2021

Penultimate day at the salt mines

 





Well its Thursday and it is the penultimate day in the salt mines. 

I am going out for a spot of lunch and a Coca Cola with my little gang when we finish tomorrow ( half day Friday). I just have to get through this day.

Its been a strange week, on Monday  I discovered a homeless man was living in the abandoned garages near to me, I spotted him  crawling through a gap to get in. I decided to try to speak to him. 

Long story short due to covid and all that it entailed, he lost his job and his home and has been living rough since the summer. Storm Arwen put paid to his tent and most of his belongings and he had been trying to find some where dry to sleep

I gave him a sleeping bag and a  Z bed mattress that was in the shed , along with a flask of soup and coffee. I've left him a flask of coffee each morning, he has given me these  back in the evening. I gave him details of the food bank round the corner who also help out in exceptional circumstances.

Last night he told me that he had been able to get a shower through one of the volunteers and they were helping him to get  somewhere to stay over Xmas. He'd been given help with the council, and forms to help  getting some  benefits so I hope that he can have a new start in the new year.

I've made him some sandwiches and soup today so will drop it off as I leave for the office.

 Circumstances can make lives very difficult and he did say that he did not know where to go and who to turn to, as the pandemic had made it very difficult. 

It doesn't cost anything to try to help.

I also found out that a very old ex ( we are still very good friends) lost his Mum the other day, that was sad news, as she was a wonderful lady. There is never a good time to lose a loved one, but I always find this time of year very sad.

Cricket is back and Mark Wood is crocked apparently, he is becoming the 'Steve Finn' of the England team, the permanent tourist. And of course we will win because Stuart Broad and Jimmy Anderson are in the team.

Pat Cummins got pinged by the Australian track and trace, meaning that he is out for a week.  Upside Michael Neser is in the team.

And Steve Smith captaining????!!!!!


Current score is 'Straya 45/1


And with that I am off  to work.


Have a cracking Thursday 




No comments :