Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 October 2017

lets do Tuesday




Well here we are, its Tuesday, its dark and cold and I am feeling very loathe to head out the door.
 The toe is slightly less painful although it is the most fabulous array of colours! Walking is however, still not the easiest thing to do, and yesterdays over seeing of the conversion of the  new archiving facilities, was not one of my best days as getting up and down the stairs was a challenge to say the least.

Today is going to be much of the same in the office as I finally get some sort of order in place. Nearly 4 months in and I am getting things moving forward. I am not blowing my own trumpet here, this was part of the remit when I took the job.

Not much on the cricket front, however there is a lot of extracts from Jonny Bairstows book, which is due to tr published shortly.

I  have dipped in and out of the instalments but I am always  disappointed that anyone under 30 writes an Autobiography or is the subject of a biography.
Now if HRR wrote one I would be in for that, 20 seasons in cricket and all that entailed.

Will the next couple of months see a new side to HRR. Well we will have to wait and see.

I am pleased to see that the 'Stokes' thing has quietened down for the moment but will it all explode again this week?

An interesting read from Usman Khawaja, about the effects of racism on him.

Khawaja was the first Muslim to  play for Australia and talks openly about the effects of racist abuse on him as he played his way through the ranks.

Well worth a read and on most cricket news sites.

Australia start their second T20 against India today
Bangladesh will be getting practise in ahead of a match against SA invitation XI with the first ODI starting on the 15th.

Well as I said not much on the cricket front to report and not much here either,
so I will head off to work and get another day under my belt.

I am shuddering at the thought of heading out of the door,
Winter is coming!





 


No comments :