Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 October 2017

Nearly the weekend



5.5 hours until we welcome the weekend and all that it will entail.

car to garage at 2.30pm, then walk home and get on with things here at the Chateau*

*lie on sofa and have a nap!

I haven't made any plans for the weekend, but hope to get lots done, including last batch of chutney and some jam making.

Will Usman Arshad be making jam and chutney next season?
well he is not renewing his contract with Durham, so who knows.

This week has not got any better for the club.

The Yorkshire boys had their end of season bash and great to see the TLJL got 'Fielder of the year', the outstanding catch against Lancashire in the T20 had to be the best ever.

Ben Coad swept the board, and rightly so, this young man is showing that our future is bright.

The future here in the North East of Blighty is looking decidedly cold and dark, and its a long wait for any chance of warmth, unless you are flying off to warmer climes!

I am flying off along the 167 now as I head off to finish the week, which has seen vast amounts of changes in the office, as I continue with my push to get us working more efficiently.

I know that todays 'bacon butty brekky' will go down well with the gang, it is now set up as a regular Friday event, although my 'veggie finger butties' are often mocked!

Well short one today as I head off to do my thing for the last time this week.

Good luck to the runners who are heading over to the Chicago marathon, after all that training we expect great things.

Until tomorrow when I think that I will treat myself to a lie in.





No comments :