Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 December 2018

And that's it!





So here we are at Boxing Day, Christmas has been and gone, all the hype in the shops since July now makes way for sales and  getting the Valentines tat out on the shelves and the things for Easter.

I realise that we live in a merchandising bubble, and also that a lot of the true  meaning of most things ( especially Religious festivals) is lost in the scrum to make money.

So today  I will be putting away the Xmas decorations and tidying up the house, before settling down to a lovely lunch with a glass of champagne.

And then have a walk down to Tesco ( yes its open 9-6pm, in case you ran out of milk or turkey or wine). I need to get my steps in after getting in over 11000 yesterday.

there was some cricket on through the night as Australia take on India, the only real excitement was the revelation during lunch that David Warner was the one who urged Cameron Bancroft to use the sandpaper ( something we were all aware of) and he did so to 'fit in and be accepted'.
Well that worked out well for him, to me the whole thing smacks of a bullying culture in the dressing room and fear of older, more established players, even the Captain didn;t stop it!

Now that Cameron has got it all off his chest, I hope that it is the last that we hear of the who debacle.

Over in South Africa, Pakistan are at the crease and Dale Steyn has become SA leading wicket taker. Who would have thought after the run of injury that he would make it back to the team let alone anything else.
I really need to put the TV on and watch this.

I hope that you all had a good christmas and enjoyed your day.
 Christmas is a time for giving, not just presents,but time, sometimes there are people who may have been on thier own, a quick chat may be just what they need.
as we head towards a new year, I am making it my wish  to try to do more for others.

Happy Boxing Day.



No comments :