Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 December 2018

Its the weekend before Christmas






So I'm back on the blog after a week of carols and poems.

its been a very long and difficult week, filled with sadness, however I need to buck my ideas up as there is not a thing done in the chateau for the Xmas period.

Time to get up and get on with things


So I finally managed to have a look through the cricket news and it is interesting to read that Tom Harrison the CEO of the ECB thinks that cricket is in good health, citing International matches and T20 ( note the lack of mention of CC) to bolster this statement.
He defended the 100 ball ( obviously) saying that it is needed to bring cricket to a wider audience.

As the cricket calender will be crammed full in 2020 we all know which format is going to suffer so the ECB can have their all singing all dancing gimmick laden abomination.

Mind you this is the Tom Harrison who used the words 'role model'in a sentance starting with 'Ben Stokes'!!!
I appreciate that it was meant in the form of cricket, but to be honest having seen his foul mouthed tirades at cricket when he is given out, I'm not sure that I would agree, and lets not even go to the 'Bristol incodent'.

Oh dear, I'm just back after a week off the cricket news and already on a rant!

Other news Steve (I'm a cheat)Smith has been talking, and talking, and talking about that incident.
He actually said that he could have stopped it and (obviously) didn't.
Well mate that in my eyes also makes you a gutless cheat,

and with that I am off out in the limo to try to hand deliver the last cards.
Apologies to any of my friends reading this who haven't received a card, I missed the posting days due to events last weekend.

Have a great weekend.





No comments :