Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 December 2018

Slumber Sunday



Good morning from my bed at the chateau, I am having a lie  in and typing this whilst also drinking coffee and watching a DVD, its looking like it is going to be a lazy day. And to be honest after the year I have had I think that I deserve it.

I am also tired after a night out with a great group of cricket folk, who were a joy to be around. Always the badger!

I normally put together a review of the year which I post on New Years Eve, I  am however this year not doing one as it has been a year which has been tinged with extreme sadness at both the beginning and the end.
There has been a lot of fun and happy times in between, but I am sure that after reading about camels in Todmordon once, you don't want to read it again (whoops).
There have been revelations, especially when you find out who your friends really are, and there have been great times with the friends who like to be with you, not for who you know, what you know and what they can get out of it, but just because they are friends.

Yes its been a rollercoaster year, the chateau is still not sold, but to be fair all the other houses in Ladylaineyville that went on the market before or at the same time are still for sale. I know that it will go next year and I can make a fresh start.

So as we prepare to put the old year to bed, I have as usual decided not to make any resolutions. I know where I am heading and don't need to voice it to make it happen. And that too is a lesson that I  have learnt. keep your trap shut!

So as I lie here mulling over the year that is only days from ending, I am looking forward to the new year.

I always do my own thing, I never follow the sheep and I have no need to try to live someone elses life.
I am my own individual person.

And that is a good way to be I think.

Have a peaceful Sunday.


No comments :