Powered By Blogger

Friday 14 December 2018

I've got that Friday feeling.....

my Friday feeling is nothing to do with partying but more for the fact that I can get a lie in tomorrow and possibly a nap this afternoon, I am shattered!!!
This  was not helped by a long old chat late last night with a friend who is in South Africa and had time to kill!!

However here we are at Friday and now only 6 working days to finishing for a break.(not counting today)

Hurrah!!! cricket news, Australia are batting in the second test and are currently 117-1,
I decided not to listen through the night, mainly because I was too tired to switch the radio on.

Not strictly cricket but good to see that there is going to be a ban on gambling ads before the watershed, I personally as glad not because I gamble but mainly because most of the ads annoy the hell out of me.

Sad news from Pakistan that Sharmeen Khan, who was part of the first ever Pakistan Womans international team,has passed away at the age of 47.
Sharmeen and her sister played a major role in establishing woman's cricket in the country.
She was educated at Shrewsbury School ( as was Commando Boy) and the University of Leeds.
A true ambassador for the Woman's game.
Thoughts with her family at this sad time.

Well now, didn't see this one coming, after the announcement last week(ish) that Jon Lewis was leaving Durham after 200 years in their wage book, (well it feels like it only overtaken by Alan Walker who has been there since Moses was a lad!).  He has now been named as the batting coach of Sri Lanka, taking up the roll after the ODI series against New Zealia and finishing after the World Cup.

Lets hope this helps him to finally crack a smile!

Right off to have words with the gas workers outside who are about to cut off my gas supply and its doubtful that it will be put back on over the weekend........the weekend that we are expecting snow!!

thatll be about right, and I doubt they will be working on the gas main if it snows!

bye!



No comments :