Powered By Blogger

Monday 31 December 2018

New Years Eve



Well its the last day of  the year and I am at my desk, listening to the T20 from the BBL.
As you can tell I am late posting this as I had quite a lot to do before work this morning, mainly getting out of bed!!


As I said yesterday, there are no resolutions in this house, I know what I want from 2019 and I am determined to get it.

Today ( or half day as I have decreed in the absence of the two Richard Tators) will be mainly about eating our body weight in left over cake and goodies we have all brought in, and playing pub quiz games.
There is very little to do, the phone doesn't ring ( sites are shut down) and we are just wasting electricity and gas being here.

I also decreed that those in today had to wear their xmas jumpys for the last time this year, and then I had to  get petrol on the way in...........yes I got some strange looks!

So come midday, I am going to head to the shops and have a mooch around the sales.

And then to tonight.

Well I imagine that I will be in bed long before the chime of midnight, and then be woken up by neighbours letting off fireworks!

So before I go I will pick out  my 3 of the best of 2018 

1.  Any time spent with Sophie and Jim over the season ( and the chance to catch up with Susan too)





2. Spending time with Miss Margot and then the arrival of Miss Babs who is an absolute whirlwind but the most gorgeous little thing.

3. The most fabulous chair which changed my whole summer, made for me and delivered by the lovely Philip and Carole. And a lovely day too.

There have been many more great things that happened this year, but also a year that has been tainted with extreme sadness.

So here is to 2019 and a happy and healthy year for us all.


No comments :