Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 December 2018

home stretch




So it Thursday and I am on the home stretch with the weekend ahead of me, the weather is not showing any signs of improving, which means that more cold, foggy, icy mornings are on the agenda. I no likey!!

I also no likey being tired due to having the radio on all night and listening to the cricket from down under, from down under my duvet!!!,my own fault I know, but any cricket is better than no cricket.

Australia had a great opening session with a flurry of wickets 'Steve'  Pujara is currently (5.42am) frustrating the Aussie bowlers.
Pat  Cummins dismissed Kohli in his first over!

Interesting to listen to the Aussie commentators taking about all the formats of cricket  that are shooting up at the moment.
It seems that they do not think  circus cricket is the saviour of cricket.

Liam Plunkett is off to the BBL to play for Melbourne Meringues ( or what ever they are called), he has been drafted in to replace an injured Lancashires Matt Parkinson.

IPL which is due to begin in mid March is still without venues. It was decided to wait until after the election in India to make the decision. When they changed venues in 2009 and 2014 it was all left to the last minute before the venue was known.

Interesting to see that Dimi Mascarenhas has left his role of  assistant head coach with Essex after one season.
Is he going to stay in the UK?
Is the all rounder up for a batting coach position?
And now that Essex are having to re jig their coaching side, who will they be looking to!

Good to see former Tyke Will Rhodes renewing his contract with  Warwickshire and also Ryan Sidebottom..........not the 'real' one of course but the Australian version.

I had a fabulous catch up with my old London work mate, Phil ,last night, we were an underwriting 'team' in the good old London days.
Hard to believe how long ago that was!
It was just what I needed and as expected I laughed a lot. An absolute tonic  is Phil.

Well one thing that I do know as I head to the weekend, is that I have been messed around royally this week by people who should know better. I assure you that today I come out fighting and  woe betide one of those people if they try to fob me off.

Right off to start the day.

Happy Thursday.


No comments :