Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 September 2018

End of an era



So yesterday was busy busy busy, but also one full of surprises.

I popped off to the sorting office to collect a parcel and found that I had become the owner of the most wonderful 'Graham pooch' ornament, I absolutely love him and he has pride of place in 'Cow corner', ( you have to have visited the chateau to appreciate this one).


I nipped up the Chester le St to catch up with cricket/chutney official taster, Mick, so that I could drop off my latest makes. The weather was gloomy and overcast but when Sussex finally got out onto the field they made pretty short of work of Durham until the rain came.
I have to say that despite all the years Jon Lewis has been at Durham he is still the most miserable man and I guess would ignore his own granny if she was at the ground. He simply does not know how to interact with the supporters and cricket watchers.

Listening to the test and following on twitter, it was a glorious send off for Cooky as he got his final century for England. What a player. End of an exceptional era for England, time for new names to make their mark.

Else where wickets were tumbling in Division one, except at Yorkshire where Lancashire continued to frustrate my boys.

The news came out that Yorkshire are looking for a batting coach to strengthen their back room staff.
well if it is who I have heard whispered then we are very, very lucky.
The person in question has great form as a player and  a coach and I for one am backing him to the hilt.

Mysterious?
Yes!
His book is good reading though!

I'm off to the salt mines and hope that the day there is a good one, although at the moment it is not going to plan!
Frustration seems to be the name of the game.


Weather news in the North East of blighty, wet and cold at the moment, not looking to improve too much today!







No comments :