Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 September 2018

My season is over



And so my season has come to an end, and it was a rain soaked ending.
I decided to head over to the Long room at about 9.30am, I knew there would be no play but just couldn't bear the thought of going home.
What a morning it was, I was kept company by some lovely gentlemen and we put the world to rights.
I love a good bit of cricket banter.

People were just milling around and waiting for the inevitable, we knew that any announcements would not be heard in the Long Room as for some reason there are no PA announcements in there.

So when announcements came, the empty seating outside was the first to know what was going on.

One gentleman said that it would have been nice and a good PR exercise for the team to have headed over and had a chat with the members who had turned up.

This would have been a brilliant idea and would have given members a chance to say goodbye to those players who are leaving.

A missed opportunity there Yorkshire!

I came away at 1pm and set off home, I did shed a few tears, its a long winter.

what I did come away with though, is that although there have  been some calls for 'Gale out' on the whole there is much love and support for the whole team.
The batting coach position is still a huge topic of conversation.

we have one more match to play and 2 more points to get.

Next week is vital.

My day was made though, by a lovely tweet to me from Andrew Hodd, one great person and a great team player.

So today, I clean out the flasks for the last time this year and pack away the cricket things.

Its been a great season, we may not have won any silverware, but we are Yorkshire and we stand proud.



 

No comments :