Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 April 2020

Life in lockdown


Its Monday and  we are in week 4 of lockdown, as I have said before I think that I am 'luckier; than some as I have a real routine due to still working. This tends to mean that I am still looking forward to the weekend.

Flicking through my social media,, I despair at some friends who think that they have had their civil liberties violated by being asked to stay at home and not allowed to go out except for exercise. To be  honest their only worry is when the pubs are going to open again.


I, meanwhile  have finally made the effort to rid myself of the brown and teal striped wall paper in the lounge.As I was steaming off the first piece of paper I had this sudden fear that the wall underneath was either brown or teal or some other god awful colour, luckily it was  better, as the wall underneath was painted magnolia and not too bad, so I gave it a quick 'one coat' { read as 2 coats but the other one is still to go on}.
So I will be added the last coat one night this week and then get the lounge into some sort of order, and I now have to look for some new curtains...………...its a bugger that the charity shop isn't open, I normally can pick up some fabulous ones in there.

I had a video call on Saturday afternoon and caught up with Carole, Philip and The Nannan, most of it was spent in fits of laughter.

Sunday was a bit of all sorts, as I planted a Clematis in the garden and made more chutney, {I may be opening a shop after lockdown at this rate},upcycled a side table { until I can get to the shops to find a new one} and did a spot of eBaying. { looking for a chair...….don't ask}

And back to Monday. Another week at the office and  lots of work to do { including the cleaning, Jack of bloody all trades I am}.


In cricket Adil Rashid has said that he might consider a return to red ball cricket at the end of the summer.
He is a bit of an enigma Adil, I appreciate that he is doing what he thinks is right for his career, but I don't think he is getting any new fans.

IPL suspended until further notice, there will be some players who are crying into their caviar at that.

however, will we see any cricket this season?

As a sponsor of two players, I really hope I get to see the lads paly before the end of summer...…..but I'm not holding my breath.

Best head off to work and carry on as normal.

Have a good day and stay safe.


No comments :