Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 April 2020

Maundy Thursday



So today is my last working day this week, and is, in the Christian calendar, Maundy Thursday, which is the day of the Last supper.

I would normally try to go to Church over the Easter period however no churches are open  some online services will be taking place, I may try to join in on one of these.

Luckily bunnies are not subject to the same rules as us humans so I will be expecting a delivery from the Easter bunny over the weekend!
If they are subject to the supermarket rules of only three items the same  I am prepared to forgo  3 Easter eggs and take champagne and gin and vermouth in place...……………..just saying.


It was reported that Daniel Levy  was considering  putting Tottenham ground staff to work at his  private estate. I mentioned that if Yorkshire wanted, I was prepared to take a player or two to help out at The Wickets, I was duly reminded that maybe I should have been asking Kent!

Ahhhhh TLJL, I doubt I will get to see him play in a different  shirt this season .


It has been great to see Essex CCC getting players ringing up members and also cooking meals to be delivered to NHS staff, as well as elderly and vulnerable people in the community.
How brilliant is this?
Firstly its helping the wider community and its also keeping the team busy.

Well played Essex.

Just to say I am still waiting for my call from Martyn Moxon who has been ringing around members over 70. {I 'm about  70 in ex chairman years}

As I have a 4 day break from the strain of  going out into the wider world, I will also be taking a break from the blog. I'm very tired, anxious and ready for a bit of peace and quiet.
I wish you all a peaceful Easter time.

Miracles once happened over this weekend, I pray for one for us all.

Stay safe and keep well.






No comments :