Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 April 2020

Putting on a united front



We all know that these are strange and unprecedented times, things are not the norm for us all, even those of us who have to go to work as normal.

I've read lots of what people want to do the minute that lock down is over...………….most revolve around going to the pub, which I guess will not be open as social distancing will probably still be in place.
Although listening to news this morning it was interesting to hear that some form of lockdown might be in place  until a vaccine is developed and that could take 18 months { smells of control of population/ movement to me}

I think that pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc will be the last things to get back to normal, apart from the economy.

The winners in this will be the supermarkets who have managed to hike up prices whilst people still buy as if a nuclear holocaust is going to take over from Covid 19.

We applaud the NHS for their stirling work, they will still have a job to go to when this is over, a lot of us won't.
I'm working within the water treatment industry, we are a small cog in the mechanism, and may not survive.

That will be us and a heck of a lot more companies.

Strange and unprecedented times.

My first thought was if I lose my job, I will sell up everything and go and work in a bar abroad...……………..then realised this wouldn't happen due to Brexit, which this time last year everyone was screaming about. My freedom of movement within the EU is restricted.

So as we wait to see when this form of lockdown will be extended to, and what the implications will be, I am trying to put on a united front, a brave face and carry on doing what I do.


We genuinely don't know what is round the corner.

So what will be the first thing that I do when lockdown comes to an end...……………..pretty much what I  have always done, work, go to visit friends and then go home and shut myself away in my little house. And in the event that we get any cricket head off to watch some of that.

I realised in the last few weeks that I do lead a very simple life, and that's just what I like.


Happy Thursday, keep smiling and stay safe.





No comments :